The Wesleyan Heritage Organ Curatorship Fund
First United Methodist Church of SLC
Instructions for contributing to the fund:
1) Donations can be made by cash or check made out
to First United Methodist Church of SLC specifying
Organ Curatorship Fund and sent to
203 S 200 E SLC, UT 84111
2) Donations can be made directly online to the
Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation
website at www.rm-umf.org
A. Click on Login
B. Under Donations—Click here
C. Create Online Profile—be sure to use a letter,
number and symbol for your password.
D. Once profile is created, then you can add a transaction and under
Foundation Managed Funds you can put in your donation
amount and type in Wesleyan Heritage Organ Curatorship Fund, FUMC.
E. You can make a one-time donation or set up a monthly or
quarterly donation to provide continued support.
Curatorship Fund Resolution
WHEREAS, the pipe organ at First United Methodist Church of Salt Lake City, Utah has gone through a historic restoration/renovation/enlargement of the 1906/1924 George Kilgen & Sons of St. Louis, Missouri; and
WHEREAS, with said historic restoration/renovation/enlargement provided by the M.L. Bigelow & Co., Inc., Organ Builders of American Fork, Utah during the years of 2014-2015 under their designation of Bigelow & Co. Opus 38; and
WHEREAS, this pipe organ is the oldest pipe organ in Utah, Nevada and Idaho with more of its original components in their original location than any other pipe organ in the region; and
WHEREAS, the Church Council of First United Methodist Church of SLC approved on February 9, 2015 the name for the historic organ as The Wesleyan Heritage Organ; and
WHEREAS, continued care for this historic pipe organ is essential to preserve the integrity and value for generations to come,
WE hereby establish The Wesleyan Heritage Organ Curatorship Fund.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Church Council of First United Methodist Church of Salt Lake City, Utah as follows:
1. That any funds given in the name of or in reference to The Wesleyan Heritage Organ be transmitted forthwith to the United Methodist Foundation of the Rocky Mountain Conference of the United Methodist Church to be invested therein; and
2. That such funds will be used strictly and stringently for the exclusive use of The Wesleyan Heritage Organ for maintenance, upkeep, tuning, voicing, repairs and other specific needs to preserve and protect the integrity of the restoration/renovation/enlargement as completed by the M.L. Bigelow & Co., Inc., Organ Builders; and
3. That such funds for all maintenance and any revisions are performed under the supervision and advice of the M.L. Bigelow & Co., Inc., Organ Builders or by persons approved by the M.L. Bigelow & Co., Inc., Organ Builders per contract agreement April 3, 2014 or in the event that the M.L. Bigelow & Co., Inc., Organ Builders closes its doors, an addendum will be made of an equivalent pipe organ builder under the recommendation of our Advisory Committee to include prominent organists in our community; and
The Wesleyan Heritage Organ Curatorship Fund shall be administered by the Chair of the Church Council of First United Methodist Church of SLC, along with the Finance Chair and the Principal Organist.
Adopted 11th day of May 2015
FUMC Church Council